CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Rolled Over to Happiness

In our lives we constantly are graced with the gift of choice. We have the ability to choose how our day will turnout when we return to our place of rejuvenation. However many of us forget that happiness is within our grasp from the moment we take our first morning breath (when the stench is enough to make you say ump). Waking up on the wrong side of the bed implies nothing more than you should just lay back down roll to the other side and wake up again. There is always someone who has it worst than you no matter what your situation is looking like or what you are going through. Take my day on Thursday for instance: I woke up with many things on my mind. I had to teach a class that I was not really prepared for, I was hungry but did not have time grab a bite to eat because my professor sent an email saying that there would be a get this, "POP MID-TERM" . I had no idea such a test existed. But I tried to look on the bright side of things. So I got ready and headed to the library. I was strolling along just listening to some music on my iPod when I received a phone call from my mother. She was informing me that the guy who murdered my brother received one year in prison and was released for credit of time served. That really upset me. However I had a choice to make right then and there. I could have allowed this overwhelming news to dampen my day more or I could take control of the situation. I chose to take control. I smiled on the inside and told myself and my brother up above that his time is in God's hands and that what I do must coincide with success and happiness. Needless to say that my day took a turn for the better because I said to myself that their is someone who lost a loved one and may still be looking for the body let alone the one responsible. After I begin to think is this way there was nothing more that could bring me down because I choose not to allow it. I did well on the "Pop Mid-Term" and my teaching session went really well.

In life we must choose to be happy and experience unreasonable happiness. Tell yourself that no news can ruin the day that was already prepared by your Creator. Whatever does not sit with your foundation remove it from your life. Who you are today should not be a resemblance of your bad memories of your yesterdays. The one thing you must remember is that misery is like cancer and if you allow it into one part of your day it will begin to spread throughout your week, month, and year. There is a rule I live by and many of my friends can attest to this, "At the site of anything not consistent with my foundation and happiness I remove it from my life". I mean why hold to things or people who bring you down or cause you to lose the happiness you have gained? This one rule has allowed me to see happiness fully and I am growing immensely because of it. So allow yourself to be happy no matter what. Happiness is more of a right than equality or freedom of speech. The choice is yours.

Recap:
You must choose to be happy from the moment you awake and inhale that morning air.
It is your choice to remain happy.
Anything that does not coincide with your foundation let it go and remove it from your life.


"Live Like You Mean It"
~Dr. W

0 Remarks: