CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Mirror Mirror on the Wall


As I woke up this morning I began to ponder the idea of "My Self-Image". As I walked down the hall and into the bathroom I looked into the mirror and saw someone who was not how I see myself. I mean I am handsome but the sleep in my eyes and the dry saliva on the side of my face I mean who would love that. I begin to joke with myself and I said the following sentence....."Mirror Mirror on the Wall who is the least lovable of them all.....and then I laughed because in my mind I replied that I was....

In life we are so captured in how we look in the eyes of society's mirror that we never really see the beauty we each possess. We are unique creatures that are all different in every facet of our physical, mental, and spiritual beings. From our fingerprints to the things we desire to be happy we are all different. It is said that every hour one billion cells in the body must be replaced. This means that your body is renewing itself and becoming better. So why should you not follow suit? If you are unhappy with something in your life you have the ability to improve it. However you must improve things because you desire them to be improved not because of external influence. We must learn to embrace the things that society finds "unattractive". We must embrace the physical and emotional things that others may shy away from. Love yourself for who you were born to be. Many people overlook their true beauty because someone said that big lips or ugly, or stretch marks are gross, or nappy hair just disgust them. The person responsible for old saying beauty is in the eyes of the beholder knew that beauty is something you can't buy, inherit, or acquire. Do you think the first individuals who looked for diamonds saw a dirty stone? No they saw a beautiful diamond something that only they could see and others could not. This is the same way in which we should view ourselves because we are the diamond in the rough. It does not matter if you grew up in the Ghetto, if your homeless, a victim of abuse, a drug addict, a prostitute, a survivor of an accident that has left you with a few physical signs of survival. You are still beautiful however it is how you see yourself that matters the most. Stop looking to society's mirror for acceptance because society has no idea how to accept itself. Hence the consistent changes in fabricated physical enhancements. We must learn to become one in our own skin and understand that beauty is the naturalness of your being. The essence you were blessed with at birth. Because underneath the makeup, the surgery, the botox, the clothes, and the jewelry lies your true beauty. Embrace it because many people spend millions of dollars to acquire something they were born with. Forcing themselves to lose the true beauty and gain a fabricated essence of sexiness. Now ask yourself one question: If I rely on my true beauty which is me in my natural form, when the societal image is removed will I be stronger or weaker? Know that you are unique and that your body goes through transformations so that you maintain the God given beauty that you were born with. So the only mirror you should ask how you look is the one that has no reflection.........yourself.


So regardless to what others say or believe you are the epitome of beauty but it is up to you to believe that

Recap:

Beauty cannot be brought, sold, inherited, or acquired it is a natural component of your being.
Society has no idea of what beauty is this is why there are so many surgical procedures and beauty products.
You are a miner and your image is your diamond so continue to see it as such.
Every hour one billion cells in the body must be replaced so your body is consistently renewing itself and improving itself so if you are unhappy just know that every hour your body is improving for you......"So give it a break"



"Live Like You Mean It"
~Dr. W

0 Remarks: